- Kompani Giraff
Moln is a circus performance imbued with music and inspired by the life and work of legendary Swedish poet Karin Boye. Its framework is the tale of a collection of individuals living at each other’s mercy in a sort of vacuum between childhood and adolescence. Dystopian, yet life-affirming, it moves between the ordinary and the grand.
This performance is a “dream play” that with a light and poetic touch casts itself between the dark existential abyss and the bright, light clouds that coexist inside all of us, particularly on the brink between childhood and adulthood. Stina Oscarson’s script is an experiment in form, where excerpts from Karin Boye’s poems merge into a seamless universe. These texts will in turn be set to music and sung by the artist Jonathan Johansson.
The ensemble consists of four circus performers who embody Boye’s poetic dreamworld through dance acrobatics, pair acrobatics and object manipulation.
From 13 years
Motivation of the jury:
Strikingly beautiful with a wonderful mix of adrenaline and vulnerability. Karin Boye's poems create tension in the exploration of the interfaces between the different expressions. No elements are superfluous, everything interacts seamlessly. An enchanting experience with high integrity.
Time and place
Play time: 60 minutes
- Based on poems by Karin Boye
- Artists: Axel Ahl, Benjamin Beaujard, Sara Runsten and Elaine Briant
- Directed by: Viktoria Dalborg
- Music: Jonathan Johansson and David Lindvall Playwright: Stina Oscarson
- Set & costume design: Sus Soddu
- Lighting design: Sofie Gynning
- Magic consultant: Axel Adlercreutz
- Mask design: Sophie Rockwell
- Violin and arrangements: Erik Arvinder Stagemanager:JoakimBj rklund
- Technical production manager: Stefan Karlström Production manager: Mette Klouman