DNA - Dansa nära anhörig
- Backa teater
When did you last ask your mother to dance?
"I am aware that I still exist, that I am alive. That there is someone who calls me mom, that means somebody loves me."
DNA - Dance Nära Anhörig (Dance close to a relative) is an invite to dance again. How would you like to dance, mom, if you could decide?
From 15 years
Motivation of the jury:
A dance performance with four actors and their actual mothers. Focus is on the relationships, which are challenged by love, grief, proximity and distance. The authenticity of the casting means that the group’s responsiveness and their characterization of life makes a particularly strong impact. The mix of dance, theatre, singing and music intensifies the combination of reality and fiction. This is a bold, emotional performance that gives the audience an understanding of and fascination regarding differences between cultures and relations. DNA succeed in making what is deeply personal and private accessible and applicable to us all.
Time and place
Play time: DNA can't participate in Bibu 2020
DNA – Dansa Nära Anhörig is a docufiction and a dance performance with four duets between four actors and their real mothers. It is a performance about distance, closeness, food, limitless love, sorrow, loss and renewal. Fierceness and tons of courage. Four mothers tell us about their lives, four children listen and dance along. May I have this dance? How close may I be?
- On stage: Astrid Assefa, Hannah Alem Davidson, Eleftheria Gerofoka, Vasiliki Gerofoka, Mahnaz Kia, Ramtin Parvaneh, Emelie Strömberg, Britt-Marie Strömberg
- Idea: Tove Sahlin/Shake it Collaborations
- Director & choreographer: Tove Sahlin in close collaboration with artistic team and actors
- Interviews & dramaturg: Malin Holgersson
- Set design: Josefin Hinders
- Costume design: Josefin Hinders och Tommie X
- Lighting design: Josefin Hinders och Jonathan Winbo
- Make up: Josefin Ekerås
- Music: Malin Dahlström from Niki and the Dove